Tuesday 3 May 2016

Ikan Bilis Goreng dengan Cili

 
 
 
 
 
I love my anchovies and there are days when I can just sit down with my laptop, browse through hundreds of recipes, drooling over each one.
Well today was one of those days, but today I decided to do something about it and made my own version of  Fried Anchovies, the not-so-spicy version.
The thing is, there are so many versions but mine has six ingredients only and three easy steps. So here goes.
 
 
Ingredients
Ikan Bilis (anchovies) washed  - two handfuls (was a little greedy)
Onions - 2 Medium sized ones sliced
Garlic - two cloves diced
Green chillie - 2 sliced vertically (add in chili padi  if you want extra heat)
Oil
Salt to taste
 
 
Method
1. Fill a wok with oil (I used a non stick pan), add in anchovies and fry till golden brown
2.Remove the anchovies and add in the other ingredients in the same oil,
3. Stir until the onions are nice and soft and drop the anchovies and give it a quick stir. Add a dash of salt for extra flavor. (not too much because the anchovies are already salty)
                                 
 
 
Note: If you want nice and soft onions then take it out as quickly as possible or if you want yours nice and crispy keep it on the stove for a few extra mins.
 
The end result with my favourite crispy onions
  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment