Saturday 25 June 2016

Awesome Bak Kut Teh in Jalan Ipoh!

I love my Bak Kut Teh, especially the one from my favourite Restoran Son In Bak Kut Teh in Jalan Ipoh. After  moving away from Sentul, I haven't had the opportunity to savour the dishes as frequently as I did back then. In fact, I miss having it so much that I decided to write about the place again.

Located along Jalan Ipoh (heading towards Chow Kit), the restaurant is in the row of shops after the Damai Hospital block. The second shop from the right to be exact, you cant miss it.


Don't be fooled by looks. Although the place is a little old and needs a bit of renovation, the place is clean and the food is good.


Ok so this is a half eaten bowl, was too hungry to take photos before eating!

The soup for one is amazing, full of flavour and the smell of herbs will definitely get your tummy rumbling. The meat is tender and if you love mushrooms and vegetables you can add them in your soup for added taste or just order them on the side.

Do not, I mean DO NOT forget the Yau Char Kuey. Dip the little babies in the soup and swallow them whole with rice and you're in heaven.
Then you have the Black Sauce Pork, a bowl of pure sin with a mildly spicy sauce that is perfect for the Garlic Rice. Each mouthful is  sinful with the tender pork bits literarily melting in your mouth.


If that is not enough, order some Salad leaves to complete your meal. The Salad leaves might be a little bland for some. It is blanched in hot water, drizzled with some onion oil and oyster sauce.

So if you are a fan of Bak Kut The, try the Son In Bak Kut The. It's different but tasty. Trust me!! Happy eating folks....


Sorry for the bad quality, was taken a few years ago


No comments:

Post a Comment